Monday, July 4, 2016

Fresh Peas


One thing both my husband and I have a strong dislike for is peas. In all the years of being married he has never had to worry that I would include them at mealtime. They just don't belong and that's that.

But ... this very same vegetable is one of my favorite things to find in a garden. I could sit in the pea patch and feast on them! I don't know why my tastebuds like them so much raw but can't handle them when cooked. Anyhow, my gracious loving husband lets me use part of the garden to grow them. This year I planted an entire row and worried that it wouldn't be enough. I was filled with excitement when I saw the first buds, and was out there munching the second I found a full grown pod. Almost every day since, I've been out there looking for more. In fact today I actually brought a pile of them into the house before they were devoured! I had been looking forward to letting Adam try something new from our very own produce and today cooked some up for him. I was actually surprised when he liked them and ate every bit I had prepared! Though I was struggling for fresh air while feeding him, I'm so grateful he'll eat them! (He isn't fond of the other food hubby and I mutually agree against: oatmeal)


So yeah... that's one of my weird quirks. Cooked peas are a huge no-no. But bring them on fresh.

No comments:

Post a Comment