Saturday, July 8, 2017

Deal of the Week


If you live near me, don't list an ad titled "Free Sale". Actually do, if you want to get rid of stuff. You'll at least get me curious enough to stop! Yesterday I found one such ad, and since I was planning on going out in the morning anyway, I made this my first stop. The picture on the listing showed bolts and remnants of fabric, which I found out was because it was the custom drapery business holding the "sale". I was kind of hoping to snag one of those bolts and redo our bedroom window with a nice lightly colored sheer curtain like I saw in the ad. I arrived shortly after 9 (start time), and there was only one puny little bolt left. Not only that, but I was pretty disappointed upon walking in to discover the smell of smoke. When I come across that kind of sale, I usually turn right back around and leave. I don't want to deal with trying to get rid of the lingering odor on a potential purchase, so I don't even temp myself. I didn't turn around this time though, since I was already inside and I knew it was all free (you know, curiosity), but I decided against getting any fabric, knowing it wasn't worth my time anymore. Glancing at the shelves of remnants, I saw there were only pieces that were so small you could barely make a pillow out of them, so that made me feel better. In one corner near the doorway, there was a big tote of wrapping paper, and that's where I found my treasures. I smelled the rolls before sorting through them and didn't notice that it had soaked up much smoke smell, so I rummaged through the box. There were several rolls of unopened paper, a bunch of mostly-full rolls, and some that were only half used. Wrapping paper is something we have never had in all our three years being married! I have never been able to justify spending a couple dollars for a roll so small you can only wrap a few gifts. I've always opted for creative, free gift wrapping methods, like the one I mentioned in a post last winter. Now we have several different options to chose from, and there are a variety of prints for every occasion. I actually like some of the older gift papers better than the array of loud gaudy ones you find today, so this was a cool find. I think my favorite print from my new stash is the floral one in the back. I'm kind of excited for an opportunity to wrap a gift again now that I have more fun options. Anyone want to invite me to their party? 


No comments:

Post a Comment