Monday, September 5, 2016

Yard Sale Season

It's just about the end of yard sale season and I realized I haven't spent much time roaming sales this summer! I guess it's a good thing, even if I didn't find most of what I had on my wish list, because our pocketbook wasn't able to handle much extra spending. This last weekend I was able to stop by an estate sale down the road though! I had seen they had two extra-large stainless steel bowls there and was hoping to snag one. You don't have to have 10 kids to use one of those regularly. We were gifted a super-sized one as a wedding gift and I find I use it rather often. I wasn't able to get to the sale until after noon, so I wasn't sure there would be one left. Living in an Amish community, I knew there was no way I'd stand a chance if those buggies had made it over! 


It was my lucky day. One of them was still there! For $5, I knew I'd get my money's worth out of it. There were a few other smaller bowls tucked underneath it that weren't priced, so I asked the lady about them. She told me "Oh, those all go with the big one." So, for $5, I got not one, but FOUR bowls! The two are fairly small so I doubt I'll be using them frequently, but there was another big one in a size that I also use pretty often as well. I couldn't turn down the buy one, get three free deal on these! Throw in that box of 12 brand-new (antique) zinc canning caps for $1..... Ummm.... yes, that sale was worth my time. I was one happy lady coming home and showing off my purchases to the husband. And he was proud of me! So glad he supports my deal catching.

No comments:

Post a Comment