Friday, October 14, 2016

Satisfaction

I always aim to cut meal cost whenever possible, but in some areas we're not really willing to go for the lowest market price out there because that often means sacrificing quality (like in meat, for instance). Plus any discount (or not-nigh-priced) grocery store is 20 miles away, and I rarely get to town. So seeing numbers like this gives me such a big satisfaction:

Last night's meal cost us a whopping 60 cents or so, since the only cost into it was the carrots. Potatoes and onions were from our garden and the grass-fed roast was given to us.

We had some leftover meat and veggies, so that's on tonight's menu as well. It wasn't a huge amount, so I am adding to the meal with some acorn squash our landlord shared with us. Mmm. Cut those in half and add a pad of butter, some maple syrup, and a dash of cinnamon and bake it until it's nice and soft.... I can't wait! And the cost into this meal? About 27 cents between the butter and maple syrup. So the past two days' suppers have equaled less than a dollar! Eeeee! It makes me feel better since I've had to start implementing a weekly (or bi-weekly if I can get away with it) grocery store run recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment