Monday, May 1, 2017

Sad Season for Poinsettia


It was doing so good.

But then something happened, and I have no idea what.


My poinsettia is losing its leaves.

It looks so sad! Looking back in my archives, I see it dropped the green leaves last spring too, so this must be normal, unless I'm consistently doing something wrong. I wish there was a way to prevent it because the plant had been looking really nice! The red leaves are all still intact and there has been quite a few more new ones growing since I last updated you all. You can see in the picture above that there are three groups of red leaves. I hope they keep on growing to become full flowers and don't end up falling off like the rest of them. I was getting rather excited to see the new growth! I wish I was able to take a picture right before it started shedding to show you how full it was looking. Oh well. It happened. We'll see what this summer brings. Do you think it will keep growing or fall apart completely?


This is what it looked like last April (2016).



2 comments:

  1. I think if the roots aren't rotting, it will probably grow back. I have an orange tree that drops its leaves occasionally but when I set it outside during the summer, new growth always appears. On the other hand, I had a jade tree that was doing fabulous until it started drooping and sagging and loosing its leaves. I tried watering it more (big mistake) but it died completely. When I was dumping the dirt out, I noticed that ALL of the roots were completely rotted from the core. Live and learn, I guess.

    So, I must confess... I love reading your plant sagas. Also the cooking for a crowd episodes. It brightens my day when I see a new post of yours in my RSS feed. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoy reading about my green thumb wanna-be ventures. I'm certainly no expert when it comes to plants and dirt, but I guess with both our personality, no matter how experienced we are doing something it's still always an experiment, right? ;) And I rather like finding new posts from you as well! That RSS feed time-saver might just be a good idea for me....

      Delete