Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Find of the Week


Over the weekend I happened upon a yard sale out in the country, so as one might expect, curiosity made my car turn into the driveway. I was sure it was way past sale season, being that it's the end of October, but on a warm 70-some degree morning it just felt right.

The sale was a very small one, and I learned it was made up of leftovers from a yard sale they had earlier that summer. I was met with a good morning and a "Just ignore the price tags. Everything is name-your-price today." Just walk by her table, barely say "Would you take..." and she would say yes. I left with a few old Taste of Home and Quick Cooking magazines, since I love browsing recipes and am eager to try a few new ones this winter. I had been meaning to get to the library to borrow some but this deal was even better, because I don't have to worry about returning them, I can cut out recipes if I feel like it, and I don't have to stress out about my kids getting ahold of them. The other thing I found was something I have had on my yard sale "to-find" list for two years. I've been wanting a jar tall enough to store dried spaghetti noodles. My pantry is all on open shelving in my kitchen, due to a tiny house and very limited storage and cupboard space. I didn't realize how hard it was to find a tall jar until I decided I wanted one! In the picture above I have a gallon jar standing next to it for comparison. These gallon jars have always been the tallest jars on my shelves; they are even taller than Ball half-gallon jars. The new spaghetti jar towers over them all, and is absolutely perfect for what I need!

Have you found any exciting-to-you deals lately?

No comments:

Post a Comment