Thursday, March 16, 2017

Duck Eggs


Lately I've been getting eggs from some Amish a few miles down the road. Yesterday when I made my egg run (because we only had one more dozen, which is basically the same as being out), I was informed that they only had blue eggs left, which made no difference to me. When she came back out with an armload, the top carton was so full it couldn't close. I had told the girl I was hoping to get 5 dozen if they had them, but she only had four dozen chicken eggs, so she brought out some duck eggs and said they only cost 50 cents more! With the size of them, it really wasn't any more expensive volume-wise than the chicken eggs. I have never seen duck eggs sell so cheap. $3.00/ dozen! While I wouldn't necessarily choose duck eggs over chicken (simply because I have no reason to), they are delicious and it has been good to be reminded of their flavor, as I hadn't tasted one in probably 10 years. It has been kinda fun switching up my morning breakfast some!


Here's a comparison between a regular-sized chicken egg (comparable to 
the grocery store Grade-A medium), and an extra-large duck egg. 


No comments:

Post a Comment