Friday, March 3, 2017

Mama's 'Lil Helper


I think people severely underestimate the ability of a toddler. 
They crave working alongside their parents and being involved in whatever we're doing!

Today Adam turned 18 months old. He is always at my side (unless he's tagging along with daddy), and would much rather be into my things than playing with his own toys. It's how they learn! When it's time to set the table, he takes care of the silverware. When I grab a pot holder to get something from the oven, he puts one on his hand, too. He is always at the sink rinsing whatever he can reach when I'm washing dishes. He helps gather the laundry and shoves the basket through the house to the basement stairs. If I run downstairs quick and tell him I'll be right back, he follows me expecting I'm doing laundry and he can help! He hands me clothes to fold, and helps carry piles to put away. His favorite though is sweeping the floor. It was one of the first household task he was interested in. He doesn't hesitate to pick up the broom as soon as he sees it - even if we're at someone else's house! I love that he loves being with me and helping.


No comments:

Post a Comment